Skin Scrubs & Ma/sks
FACE SCRUBS AND FACE PACKS
Face scrubs are very good as they slough away dead cells and give a glow to the dead and lifeless looking complexion. Take care not to use a scrub when you have angry looking pimples on the face. A scrub can at times aggravate the situation. To make it easier use the scrub under the category of your skin type. The same with face packs. Use only what is suitable to your skin. Though the homemade packs are very gentle and will not cause any harm, do keep in mind, any allergies you may have.
Oily Skin - Scrubs
1. After a bath, and as a base for make-up use some diluted lime juice. Dab it on very lightly on the face. Wait for 10 minutes before using foundation or make up.
2. Diluted buttermilk is also dabbed on the face and left on the face for 10-15 minutes before any other application.
3. While preparing for a night out or a very special party, rub a cube of ice all over the face. Let it dry and then use make up.
4. Slice an apple very thinly. Place these on the face and leave for 15 minutes. These soak up extra oil and also helps to close pores.
5. Take 1/2 a cup of rice flour, and 1/2 a cup of mashed ripe papaya. Add the juice of 1/2 a lime. Wet the face and gently massage the face with the paste. Always do the neck also.
6. Take 1/2 cup of green gram powder, add 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Add enough water to make a paste. Use it to scrub the face gently. Wash with cold water. Do not use soap after the treatment.
Some Masks for Oily Skin
1. Soak 4-5 almonds overnight. Next morning peel and make a very fine paste. Mix 1/2 a teaspoon honey in this and apply. Wash after 20 minutes.
2. Take 1 tablespoon of fullers earth or multani mitti and 1 teaspoon rose water. Soak the mud for a while with very little water. When it is moist and pliable add rose water and mix. Apply on the face for 15-20 minutes. Let it dry and gently wash.
3. 1 egg white with 1 tablespoon honey. Mix both together and apply with a brush. Wash after 7-10 minutes.
4. Mix 1 tablespoon orange peel powder with 1 tablespoon honey and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice. Apply and leave for 10 minutes. Wash.
5. 2 tablespoons corn starch, 2 teaspoons margosa leaf juice, 2 teaspoons sandalwood powder and 2-3 drops of olive oil. Mix. Apply with a brush. Let it dry well. Wash with cold water.
6. Take 4 tablespoons mint paste and grind fresh mint leaves, 1/4 cup ripe papaya pulp, 2 teaspoons gram flour and 1/2 limejuice. Mix and apply. Wash after 15 minutes.
Face Mask for Pimples
2 tablespoons fullers earth
2 tablespoons sandalwood powder
2 drops of garlic juice1 egg white and rose water
Dry Skin Scrubs
1. Apply Vitamin e oil with a drop of lime juice and a drop of glycerin. Massage well and wash with cold water.
2. Apply some warm olive oil with a few drops of glycerin and a few drops of lime juice.
3. 1 teaspoon of cream to which 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice is added. Apply and massage well. Leave for 3-4 minutes. Wash with cold water.
4. Plain, whole milk applied and left for 10 minutes. Washed with warm water.
5. Take 1/2 tablespoon almond oil, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon rose water. Massage into skin. Wipe with moist cotton pads.
1. Make a paste with 4 tablespoons wheat Flour , 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon ghee. Apply and leave. When it dries, wash with cold water.
2. Remove the layer of cream from cooled milk. Add a pinch of turmeric and apply. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with warm water.
3. 2 tablespoons fullers earth, add some cold milk. Apply and leave for 15-20 minutes.
4. Mash a ripe banana well. Apply and leave for 15-20 minutes.
5. Take 1/2 cup mashed avocado with 1 egg and 2 teaspoons honey. Mix well and apply. Wash after 20 minutes.
6. Take 2 teaspoons mayonnaise with 2 teaspoons gram flour, 1 teaspoon wheat flour and 2 teaspoons honey. Mix and apply well.For Normal and Combination Skin -
1. 1 mashed peach1 mashed plum2 teaspoons honey1 eggMix well and apply. Leave for 1/2 an hour and wash.
2. 1/2 cucumber grated2 tablespoons mint paste2 teaspoons honey1 teaspoon yogurt1tablespoon gram flourExtract the juice of cucumber and mix all the other ingredients and apply. Leave for 1/2 an hour and wash.
3. 1 tablespoon curds2 drops of honeyApply and leave for 20 minutes. Apply on neck for lines also.
4. 1 tablespoon gram flour1 teaspoon lime juice1 pinch turmeric powder2 teaspoons raw milk
Green Beans are healthy for your skin?
As long as we’re going green, let’s talk about how these low-calorie beans can help you grow thicker hair and healthier nails. Green beans are a star Feed Your Face food because they’re one of the richest sources of silicon — not to be confused with silicone, which is found in bad lip jobs and breast implants! The USDA has not yet established recommended daily intakes (RDIs) of silicon, but 10 mg per day seems to be adequate for strengthening hair and nails, according to recent studies. Dr. Wu recommends choosing organic green beans, since they retain more silicon from the soil. Don’t like green beans? You can also get your silicon fix from volcanic mineral waters such as Volvic, which contains 14.5 mg per liter.
Bye Bye Pimple
If there’s a whitehead, I use a sharp, sterile blade to safely open it. Then I use an instrument called a comedone extractor to gently drain the pus and oil from the pimple. This relieves the pressure and pain and helps the skin
SKIPPING THE SCRUB
Exfoliating is a skin care staple and something that should never be skipped. It may seem trivial or like a time waster, but trust us when we tell you it’s a must for a fabulous face. Exfoliating once a week is your ticket to smooth, clear, glowing skin. Why? Exfoliation sloughs off all the things (dead skin, dirt, etc.) that can build up on your skin, clog your pores and leave your face looking lackluster, making it an essential ingredient for natural beauty.
Like to wear makeup? Here’s a tip for you.
If you wear makeup on a regular basis, choose a lightweight oil-free or oil-contol formula. You may notice that your foundation makeup sinks into your pores, causing them to look larger. One easy solution is to apply a face primer before adding your foundation. The primer forms a barrier that gives you a smooth surface and prevents the makeup from migrating into pores and wrinkles.
For Loosening Blackheads
Cook 2 tablespoons of barley with enough water to cover, until very soft. Make a paste and apply to skin while still warm. Leave on for 15 minutes. Remove with a damp, soft face cloth, or by splashing with warm water. This is also useful for breakouts on the back.
Ritz-Carlton Brown Sugar Scrub
We found this super simple recipe for a brown sugar scrub. Easy to make at home, and extremely affordable, sugar scrubs are generally gentler than salt scrubs and can increase circulation as well as slough off any unwanted dead skin.
Once you’ve crafted your delicious sugar scrub, store it in a Tupperware or a shallow glass container with a lid. You can also substitute any other oil suitable for skin (oils made from nuts and fruits are great) in place of the almond oil, if you’d like. In place of vanilla extract, you can use your favorite essential or fragrance oil, like jasmine, my favorite!
The scrub should last around a month, according to the Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, and feel free to add few drops of tea tree or rosemary essential oils, which are natural preservatives that may make the scrub last a bit longer.
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetened almond oil
1 tsp vitamin E
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions: Simply combine all the liquid ingredients together, then mix in the sugar. Use in the shower, rubbing it into your skin in circular motions. Rinse sugar off (don’t wash the oil off though!) and your skin should be silky smooth and well-moisturized. Makes one cup.
Not only is it the main ingredient in the best smoothies, yogurt is a natural probiotic, which means that it helps replenish the “good” bacteria in your body and keeps yeast in check. This can come in handy if you have gastrointestinal issues or you’re prone to yeast infections, but what does it have to do with feeding your face? Well, according to Dr. Wu, yogurt is an excellent Feed Your Face food for dealing with acne breakouts, eczema, and even dandruff. Just be sure to choose a low-fat and low-sugar yogurt, since sugar can aggravate inflammation. And if you think your breakouts are related to dairy, Dr. Wu suggests skipping the yogurt and going straight for a probiotic supplement instead.
It’s no secret that green tea is an antioxidant powerhouse. Its strong anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effects are attributed to its high concentration of catechin compounds. Studies have shown that green tea can be used both orally and topically to help protect the skin from sunburns and UV-associated skin cancers. Research also suggests that drinking one cup of green tea twice a day over the course of six months may actually reverse sun damage and significantly improve any problems you have with redness and broken capillary veins.